I saw many kids in the post office today. A brother and sister came in clutching dollars, selected Father's day card, waited patiently in the queue and sent the mail. Waiting for my turn, I was wondering where all can their dads be. Afghanistan? Iraq? Or a cheerful office in Seattle or California.
My thoughts took me back to my school days, when we used to send rakhis to Indian soldiers at the LoC, and the joy when we used to get a reply from them. My best wishes to those soldiers and those kabuliwala's 1 who have not met their kids in a while.
After a while, I too looked at the cards. One simple message, which particularly struck me and I want to dedicate to my baba- " I am glad, that you're my dad. "
1 http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kabuliwala
My thoughts took me back to my school days, when we used to send rakhis to Indian soldiers at the LoC, and the joy when we used to get a reply from them. My best wishes to those soldiers and those kabuliwala's 1 who have not met their kids in a while.
After a while, I too looked at the cards. One simple message, which particularly struck me and I want to dedicate to my baba- " I am glad, that you're my dad. "
1 http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kabuliwala
nice post! just read your blog from start-to-finish right now, please keep posting!!
ReplyDelete