Dear Mr. escapist CyberGandhi.. its very easy to create a negative picture of India. You will be touted abroad, may even win a Pulitzer for your enlightening blog. But, instead of name-calling, why dont you focus your creative energy in, say, making a user-friendly teaching aid? You did rant about literacy rates in India and all in your blog..why dont you help address it?
Here is my 1st take on A few reasons to stop bitching about India (Inspired by Chetan Bhagat's blog ).... as a response to Mr CyberGandhi's complaino-log A zillion reasons to escape from India.
I am not a economics person.. nor can I argue against your statistics about how many tortures have been inflicted and how many were apprehended..
Your blog portrays it as if all the evil incidents happen only in India, and if you escape from India, you will lead a secure life. As a keen observer of human nature, I know one thing.. any human inherently enjoys wielding power. Whether he uses that power to mend the situation or bend others is the question. People need to be taught to use their resources for others, how would that be helped by running away from the problem instead of tackling it at its roots?
There are many more cars on US roads than in India, even though the public transport system is awesome.
We Indians too are getting better cars conforming to global anti-pollution standards. You crib about public transport..I hail from Pune, and I just checked the Public Transport connectivity to and from all the suburbs I could think of in Pune. The service frequency is reasonable. Even in US I know some buses which have an hourly frequency, and no one gives it a second thought. We frequently don't get to sit in the crowded buses in US as well. If the bus in US is full, the bus driver doesn't allow more passengers to get in, so that we dont spill out from the bus doors. The "couldnt-enter-the-full-bus" junta don't demand to sack the bus driver.
The real problem is not the inadequate infrastructure, but the population growing by leaps and bounds.. I hope we know why cities face this brunt of overflowing population? Because of people like you and me think about escaping the current scenario rather than driving the change.
You speak of discrimination against women.. how is escaping elsewhere gonna change that? Corruption? What if each one of us stops offering bribes.? The problem is not the society..its we the Indians who make up that society.
Mr CyberGandhi, I appreciate that you atleast attempted to identify and enumerate the problems. Kudos.. All I ask for is that it shouldnt just end at complaining loudly..
P.S..Yes, Shrikant, one more convergent blog. Sorry for that :) Couldnt help venting my thoughts at that unbalanced blog.
Here is my 1st take on A few reasons to stop bitching about India (Inspired by Chetan Bhagat's blog ).... as a response to Mr CyberGandhi's complaino-log A zillion reasons to escape from India.
I am not a economics person.. nor can I argue against your statistics about how many tortures have been inflicted and how many were apprehended..
Your blog portrays it as if all the evil incidents happen only in India, and if you escape from India, you will lead a secure life. As a keen observer of human nature, I know one thing.. any human inherently enjoys wielding power. Whether he uses that power to mend the situation or bend others is the question. People need to be taught to use their resources for others, how would that be helped by running away from the problem instead of tackling it at its roots?
There are many more cars on US roads than in India, even though the public transport system is awesome.
We Indians too are getting better cars conforming to global anti-pollution standards. You crib about public transport..I hail from Pune, and I just checked the Public Transport connectivity to and from all the suburbs I could think of in Pune. The service frequency is reasonable. Even in US I know some buses which have an hourly frequency, and no one gives it a second thought. We frequently don't get to sit in the crowded buses in US as well. If the bus in US is full, the bus driver doesn't allow more passengers to get in, so that we dont spill out from the bus doors. The "couldnt-enter-the-full-bus" junta don't demand to sack the bus driver.
The real problem is not the inadequate infrastructure, but the population growing by leaps and bounds.. I hope we know why cities face this brunt of overflowing population? Because of people like you and me think about escaping the current scenario rather than driving the change.
You speak of discrimination against women.. how is escaping elsewhere gonna change that? Corruption? What if each one of us stops offering bribes.? The problem is not the society..its we the Indians who make up that society.
Mr CyberGandhi, I appreciate that you atleast attempted to identify and enumerate the problems. Kudos.. All I ask for is that it shouldnt just end at complaining loudly..
P.S..Yes, Shrikant, one more convergent blog. Sorry for that :) Couldnt help venting my thoughts at that unbalanced blog.
No comments:
Post a Comment