It is never the time to take a plunge. Personally, I like my current setup. The buses work okay with me, and I get to see a few other people than 8 at office at 3 at home. In the US or I guess everywhere in the world, life has been more about "keeping up the appearance" than being what you really are. My office folks expect me to buy a car asap. I know that 1 less car on the roads wont do much to help the environment, but if I can really pull it off then why not? The only initiative I have taken so far was to get a Drivers License.
Yesterday me and the only other young woman from work stopped by a car dealer simply to check things out. The car that really hypnotized me was a Red Pontiac. My friend was surprised at my choice of flashy car. We discussed what could be the characteristics that I would seek in a car. My 1st was a roomy 4-door car, if my parents do decide to visit me. I do really care for the leg space considering that my whole family is taller than average Indians, and yeah would be tall enough in the US too. The Red Pontiac didnt meet the criteria, and was passed over. :(
I found another which was considerably new, had less miles on it, but I didnt like the colour. My friend chided me again that the engine performance was more important than the external appearance.
She told me about the AAA membership, which will help me out if I ever need help. She told me I should google stuff and really research a lot - which car has cheaper parts, what are the user ratings etc. My roomy who recently bought a car had a car mechanic accompany her.
Looks like it really isnt a casual buy :P
Yesterday me and the only other young woman from work stopped by a car dealer simply to check things out. The car that really hypnotized me was a Red Pontiac. My friend was surprised at my choice of flashy car. We discussed what could be the characteristics that I would seek in a car. My 1st was a roomy 4-door car, if my parents do decide to visit me. I do really care for the leg space considering that my whole family is taller than average Indians, and yeah would be tall enough in the US too. The Red Pontiac didnt meet the criteria, and was passed over. :(
I found another which was considerably new, had less miles on it, but I didnt like the colour. My friend chided me again that the engine performance was more important than the external appearance.
She told me about the AAA membership, which will help me out if I ever need help. She told me I should google stuff and really research a lot - which car has cheaper parts, what are the user ratings etc. My roomy who recently bought a car had a car mechanic accompany her.
Looks like it really isnt a casual buy :P
No comments:
Post a Comment