Saturday, November 24, 2012

Thanksgiving P-log

While we were hiking down a unused trail in the Sebastian Inlet State Park, my colleague asked me what do I do with the many pics that I take, do I even see those later. She suggested I have a picture blog, and I thought it was a great idea.

My plan for a perfect Thanksgiving 4 day off was:
Day 1: Everglades in the morning, Miami by night. Spend the black friday night/early morning shopping in Miami.
Day 2: Explore Miami
Day 3: Start early, scenic drive to Key West + water sports. Hope there's at least a single spot in Key West where you can see both sunset as well as sunrise the next day. Find that spot and camp there.
Day 4: The long drive back home.

**RANT ALERT**
But both Sasa and my colleague had Thanksgiving dinner plans. My colleague told me she had to go to the office to check if anything needs to be done and then we'll start. जो दुसऱ्यावरी विसंबला तो संपला.. A day that could have been spent car shopping when the mechanics were open. The plan was then modified to a short daytrip on Saturday to nearby Sebastian that should encomapss hiking + water-sports + beach. Parasailing and kite surfing were both "windependent". I really hate it when I end up planning for nearly all the trips and hence if the trip goes wrong the onus is mine! (Thank God that I have plans B/ C).  (Harry, Rutu n Aswin - wholehearted thanks for donning the planning cap :) ) .  Modified plan was -  go to State park, go for parasailing, if time permits go kite surfing.
What happened was - Start late, dont trust that I have correct GPS co-ordinates to park, go to Parasail place instead, ponder what to do till the Parasailing appointment, (My back up plans were jet skii and paddle surfing), try paddle surfing, go parasailing, then hike at the State park, and catch up an amazing sunset Note: sunset at East Coast = jumping at the opportunity nature gave us.
** Rant Over**

Its thanksgiving my dear..be thankful that you have a colleague who has just 3 more weeks to go before her intern ends, and is bound to be busy in the last month of her intern. Be thankful that you dont depend upon smartphone, but are smart and spirited enough to plan your day on your feet. Be thankful that you have a friend who agrees to your "tends-to-dangerous" plans of hiking on any trail you see.. And never the least, be thankful that your "wish I were in Dallas" mood-offs stay only for a few minutes and you can lap up the natural wonders of Florida.

I am so tired of planning every trip
Amazing driving along US1

After falling off the surfboard twice, upturning it once..i finally GOT IT!!
Parasailing
Our boat, its wake, and the shadow of our parachute..parachute was harnessed to us + it's water underneath (though by Newton's 3rd law the fall would still be serious), so I was very relaxed even with the winds, unlike my skydive
View from top thru my cam..spotted a couple of dolphins and a turtle
Hiking on a unused trail.. with marina on one side and standing water on the other..I was worried there might be an aligator/ snake lurking. Seeing a mangrove forest for the 1st time..notice the stemmy projections

different type of खारफुटी /mangrove?

Random shots during the hike
Sunset from the easternmost strip of East coast..wonders of the world



No comments:

Post a Comment