The hurt from some comments stayed with me for years. Hey, I am not someone who holds grudges or anything. Then why! Because it was not a healthy criticism, though I did not realize it at that time, it was blatant bullying.
Your desk was behind mine in 6th. Once I felt a weird touch. Hey it is disgusting enough to be touched by a guy here and there in your adolescence, but having the size of my waist being measured is a bit too much dont you think? And then to have my "measurements" broadcasted to your sneering gang of super-rich snobs is even worse. It had taken our class teacher to quell my discomfort, of course you wont remember her words. You were the so-called handsomest dude in the class, you didnt care whom you hurt and whom you didnt.
You are my best friend, surely you knew me enough to know what would hurt me and what wouldnt? Hey you dont look too perfect either, so no one gave you a right to comment on whether my vital assets are like "godrej chi safe".
And back to you, my super-rich snobby classmates, how does it matter to you whether or not my neck is longer than yours?
I know it will give you immense pleasure to know how low esteem I had about my body for most of my growing up years. And thank God I stumbled across an article on Giselle Bundchen - how swanlike her graceful neck is. It took even longer to realize that my cheeks that look so hollow and emaciated to you, are actually called having high cheek bones, and is one of the most sought after beauty features.
You are family. You criticized my "bhurkul kes" simply because they dont fit your era's standard of black-as-raven = beautiful hair.
One of the guys in your super-rich gang is an amazing artist, can play n number of musical instruments with ease, and is now a renowned music director. But just because he was so good, that didnt make my harmonium playing any bad. But that didnt stop you from taunting me in front of the entire music group did it?
And you Miss. I think you knew more Medicine than my doctor parents when you told them that I should get my thyroid checked because I didnt start my girl stuff as early as you? Guess you dont know that doctors are more concerned about the trend of things starting early, but of course you had to tell tales.
You were my teacher. Whether or not I while away my time outside of school hours, how is it justified that you give me your B.Ed notes to copy them down for you, plus give me a deadline of how soon the task should be done? Sure, I did homework of my friend in school, but I did that because I wanted to, not because she forced me to, plus gave me a deadline.
I thought all this shit was a thing of past, but you guys never grew up did you? You had to pursue me till US and spread tales about me back home. Just because I grew up with my granny didnt mean my parents didnt care for me. Hey when someone comes for the 1st time to the US, very few have a laptop. Just because I used yours to let my parents know that I have reached safely, you thought I was clinging to your resources? What's worse you relayed that info. to your parents back home? And when my parents called you to ask a simple thing like through which courier your sister sent you rakhi, your parents and grandparents refused to even speak to my parents because you told them to stay away from my parents who have left me on streets uncared for? By the way..me and my parents had a good laugh over it. Know what, it reflects not only how immature you are, but it reflects a great deal about your parents too.
Whatever shit you threw at me, over time I learnt to ignore it. Sure the old scars still are there, but once I recognized that the problem was YOU, the scars dont bother me any more. You failed bullies.. you massively failed.
Your desk was behind mine in 6th. Once I felt a weird touch. Hey it is disgusting enough to be touched by a guy here and there in your adolescence, but having the size of my waist being measured is a bit too much dont you think? And then to have my "measurements" broadcasted to your sneering gang of super-rich snobs is even worse. It had taken our class teacher to quell my discomfort, of course you wont remember her words. You were the so-called handsomest dude in the class, you didnt care whom you hurt and whom you didnt.
You are my best friend, surely you knew me enough to know what would hurt me and what wouldnt? Hey you dont look too perfect either, so no one gave you a right to comment on whether my vital assets are like "godrej chi safe".
And back to you, my super-rich snobby classmates, how does it matter to you whether or not my neck is longer than yours?
I know it will give you immense pleasure to know how low esteem I had about my body for most of my growing up years. And thank God I stumbled across an article on Giselle Bundchen - how swanlike her graceful neck is. It took even longer to realize that my cheeks that look so hollow and emaciated to you, are actually called having high cheek bones, and is one of the most sought after beauty features.
You are family. You criticized my "bhurkul kes" simply because they dont fit your era's standard of black-as-raven = beautiful hair.
One of the guys in your super-rich gang is an amazing artist, can play n number of musical instruments with ease, and is now a renowned music director. But just because he was so good, that didnt make my harmonium playing any bad. But that didnt stop you from taunting me in front of the entire music group did it?
And you Miss. I think you knew more Medicine than my doctor parents when you told them that I should get my thyroid checked because I didnt start my girl stuff as early as you? Guess you dont know that doctors are more concerned about the trend of things starting early, but of course you had to tell tales.
You were my teacher. Whether or not I while away my time outside of school hours, how is it justified that you give me your B.Ed notes to copy them down for you, plus give me a deadline of how soon the task should be done? Sure, I did homework of my friend in school, but I did that because I wanted to, not because she forced me to, plus gave me a deadline.
I thought all this shit was a thing of past, but you guys never grew up did you? You had to pursue me till US and spread tales about me back home. Just because I grew up with my granny didnt mean my parents didnt care for me. Hey when someone comes for the 1st time to the US, very few have a laptop. Just because I used yours to let my parents know that I have reached safely, you thought I was clinging to your resources? What's worse you relayed that info. to your parents back home? And when my parents called you to ask a simple thing like through which courier your sister sent you rakhi, your parents and grandparents refused to even speak to my parents because you told them to stay away from my parents who have left me on streets uncared for? By the way..me and my parents had a good laugh over it. Know what, it reflects not only how immature you are, but it reflects a great deal about your parents too.
Whatever shit you threw at me, over time I learnt to ignore it. Sure the old scars still are there, but once I recognized that the problem was YOU, the scars dont bother me any more. You failed bullies.. you massively failed.
No comments:
Post a Comment