The typical Chick-flick fan in me wants to quote a scene from My best friend's wedding. Rupert and Julia are out boating in Chicago, and Rupert says: when you love someone, you just say it. Then and there, loud and clear. Otherwise the moment just passes you by.
Obviously, my guy friends will have a different take to it. While my close buddy was narrating his "no more single" story to me, I told him about this scene, and he felt if not done right, it would scare the girl. (BTW my close guy friend should be the one to give out hints to my guy, so VJ if you have forgotten all that we have ever talked, and if that time comes, please ask the guy to ask me for a hint or 2!!) But when the situation is "guy meets girl in an "for arranged marriage" setting, the guy better speak up. And speak up soon. (As my other guy friend KK pointed out, the onus is equally the girl's. If she likes him, she better say so too)
The second guy I met in the course of my search told me about his life's goals. No communication for multiple days till recently. All this while, he was working on his goals, and has actually attained a couple of those. Had he let me know, I would have understood the reason behind the reticence, appreciated the cause and would have encouraged him too. But sadly, that was not to be, and by the time he re-contacted me, I had assumed he had moved on, and so had I.
Speaking up is not my only expectation though. I have mentioned it on both of my matrimonial profiles that I am a blogger. Any guy who did not take pains to know me better is automatically rejected. I mean come on, i would think it would be there in the 1st page of google search links.
Had a dream a few days back. My dream guy's name is "Drumil". He finds out about my interest in Sanskrit, and pursues me, and literally wins me back. The previous "dream guy" named Sumedh turned out to be the MTS topper of my batch. Is it destiny at play? Or it is some long lost memory (11 year old) from my elephant-sized memory that simply forwarded the name to my subconscious?
I know Drumil is a very rare name, so I will pass that criteria :P. But, Mr Persuasive Seeker, if you are reading this blog, then do let me know.
Waiting in anticipation..
No comments:
Post a Comment