Its Thanksgiving!! Been shopping like crazy..gifts for family and friends. But couldn't finalize a gift for my grandma. I checked gift ideas online, Amazon has a thread posted by similarly stumped grandkids. Most replies were very warm, it was a treat even reading the replies. Most people agreed that time and memories are the best gifts you can give. I recalled the sms sent from the aeroplane.. "wish I had spent more time with you all, but lets make the best out of the time spent together." Other gift suggestions were to cater to her hobbies.. for instance my granny is a Math wiz.. an electronic sudoku for her.
I remember a story about kids planning to throw a surprise party for their mom. They all tried to recollect their mom's favourite dish. The mom always used to cook what the kids like.. no one could remember what their mom likes.. After I had read that..I thought about my mom's favourite dish. I finally had to ask granny..
Some gifts that I liked were..
Memory box: A box full of memories.. I write memories on folded sheets of paper and she can draw them out one-by-one. That way we both revive old memories. Shouldn't be difficult right? After all I stayed with her for 16 years. Task in progress..
Memory book that she will pen to hand down to us her autobiography..simply loved this idea too..
Digital Photo Frame
Recordable time-piece: This one has always been at the back of my mind.... I so wanted to have an alarm in my cell phone with the wake-up song my mom used to sing in my childhood. (Utha utha Chiutai, by Kusumagraj)
Our parents and grandparents have made so many sacrifices so that we could have the best opportunities. They deserve the best gifts.. time, memories, caring and sharing..
I remember a story about kids planning to throw a surprise party for their mom. They all tried to recollect their mom's favourite dish. The mom always used to cook what the kids like.. no one could remember what their mom likes.. After I had read that..I thought about my mom's favourite dish. I finally had to ask granny..
Some gifts that I liked were..
Memory box: A box full of memories.. I write memories on folded sheets of paper and she can draw them out one-by-one. That way we both revive old memories. Shouldn't be difficult right? After all I stayed with her for 16 years. Task in progress..
Memory book that she will pen to hand down to us her autobiography..simply loved this idea too..
Digital Photo Frame
Recordable time-piece: This one has always been at the back of my mind.... I so wanted to have an alarm in my cell phone with the wake-up song my mom used to sing in my childhood. (Utha utha Chiutai, by Kusumagraj)

No comments:
Post a Comment