Morning: My roomies and I are discussing about economics of the world. One roomy maintains that corruption is the hugest problem. I feel its the bulging population. My other roomy feels that we are so morally doomed that we dont deserve a better economy. We look at her, aghast. She tells us about a photo she saw on facebook, of a baby killed with the umbilical cord and all, just because it was a female baby. She shows us the photo, which is extremely upsetting.
Evening: I recall a scene from Mani ratnam's movie, Yuva. The pregnant wife "suddenly" discovers that her husband is a mafia, and could be a killer too. She decides that she doesnt want to bring up the baby in such an atmosphere and aborts the baby. Becomes a baby killer herself.
I am jolted.
This movie passed the sensor board?
How can anyone deal so non-chalantly with such a serious issue!
Yuva is not the only one.. Fashion, Aitraaj.. treat abortion as if its no big deal..
Night: I am still upset by the photo. I google further.
Till today I thought abortions are legally done only till the 20th week. Even at the 20th week, the foetus is as human as any of us. It has a beating heart, a responding brain. Google speaks of abortions in 3rd trimester, and of "botched" abortions where the live babies are just left to die.
I read the statistics of 3 abortions per second in the US, I watch "Silent Scream"..
If this is the price we are paying for so-called feminism, choice and technology..we are better off being put back to Stone age..
That doesnt change a thing..its the mentality that needs to change.
God, if you are still the God whom we all believe in, please stop sending those innocent souls to suffer on Earth. We are already morally dead, but we still hope that you cant bear to see the suffering.
Evening: I recall a scene from Mani ratnam's movie, Yuva. The pregnant wife "suddenly" discovers that her husband is a mafia, and could be a killer too. She decides that she doesnt want to bring up the baby in such an atmosphere and aborts the baby. Becomes a baby killer herself.
I am jolted.
This movie passed the sensor board?
How can anyone deal so non-chalantly with such a serious issue!
Yuva is not the only one.. Fashion, Aitraaj.. treat abortion as if its no big deal..
Night: I am still upset by the photo. I google further.
Till today I thought abortions are legally done only till the 20th week. Even at the 20th week, the foetus is as human as any of us. It has a beating heart, a responding brain. Google speaks of abortions in 3rd trimester, and of "botched" abortions where the live babies are just left to die.
I read the statistics of 3 abortions per second in the US, I watch "Silent Scream"..
If this is the price we are paying for so-called feminism, choice and technology..we are better off being put back to Stone age..
That doesnt change a thing..its the mentality that needs to change.
God, if you are still the God whom we all believe in, please stop sending those innocent souls to suffer on Earth. We are already morally dead, but we still hope that you cant bear to see the suffering.
subjective...
ReplyDelete