Was to travel to Phoenix, Arizona (PHX). First leg of this journey was a 10.50 am flight to Charlotte, NC (CLT). I reached airport (GNV) at 10 am when was told that the flight is delayed, and eventually it was cancelled at 11 am. An ensuing queue to reschedule flights, so long a queue that the person manning the counter got fedup and setup a special phone # to help reschedule flights in parallel. I did call on that #, but there wasnt any option to get to "reschedule my flights" or talk to customer representative! Special phone number it seems :x.
When it was my turn at the queue, I was asked if a 3.30 pm flight from Jacksonville (JAX) was okay. Now I havent driven in US, which means I havent driven in like 2 years.. A flurry of calls to my roommate, and friends- Bhargav and Shashank if they could drive me to Jacksonville. My roomy was busy, I couldnt reach Bhargav so Shashank had to do the honours. All this while I was on phone with Shashank, and he asked me to hold on till he reaches airport.. (Hate him for that). In the meanwhile, the guy at the counter gave me a slip of what I thought was just the flight description on a flimsy sheet of paper no better than a hotel tissue. Shashank made it to the airport and I joined the queue again to confirm the reservation. The slip of paper had some weird name on it.. and I was put on a plane from JAX at 5.30 pm, this time the ticket printed on a paper that looked like ticket paper.
My roomy had a GPS, but she wasnt at home. We decided to go ahead with just the written/ offline directions from maps.google.com. (Dont know about Shashank, but I was confident about MY navigation skills. ) Google maps rocks and we could reach JAX on time without a GPS (even though I was confident about my nav. skills, I still consider it a achievement). Few minutes into the JAX airport, and it was announced that the flight from JAX to Charlotte was cancelled for maintenance. There were no other flights from JAX to PHX via anything else even through other carriers. I was now rescheduled for a GNV to CLT flight, on the next day, at 5 am... I was again given the flight description on a sidey piece of paper, and thats when I realized that I had actually been put on the 3.30 pm flight, and that flight had followed its course. Several mental hate words for Shashank, the poor guy who had missed work because of me.
Post script: keying out the blog entry from the Charlotte airport. The chairs are uncomfortable and have armrests, so I cant even stretch out and grab some 40 winks.
Whats silly and super irresponsible is..though many people were rescheduled from GNV to JAX, the counter guys made no arrangements for us to go GNV to JAX. Neither are we entitled for any compensation for making our own travel arrangements. Incidents like this are isolated..agreed..yet I have already made up my mind that I am not flying with this carrier any more.
Whats silly and super irresponsible is..though many people were rescheduled from GNV to JAX, the counter guys made no arrangements for us to go GNV to JAX. Neither are we entitled for any compensation for making our own travel arrangements. Incidents like this are isolated..agreed..yet I have already made up my mind that I am not flying with this carrier any more.
हो... आणि तू मला southbound US301 Waldo लाच जातोना हे अवधूतला विचारायला लावल्यामुळे तो तिथे ठो ठो हसत बसला होता..
ReplyDelete