When I first left Dallas, i had an empty feeling. A feeling that I never had when school/ college was over. One expects the school/ college graduation and looks forward to the new beginning.
Yes, I did look forward to meet my friends in Gnv, and the new semester. Yet, I could not shake away the emptiness.. the apprehension when you leave something dear behind and wonder if you would ever get it back.
This time, as I leave Dallas, my bag is full. I have a job to look forward to, at an scenic location. I have reconnected with my friends and cousin in Dallas, and this time its a 'we'll meet again soon" not a "God knows if we'll ever meet again".
Yet, when my cousin was driving me back to the hotel after spending a weekend with her family, and when I pointed out my favourite buildings in the Downtown Dallas to her kids, the weird empty feeling returned again. I am in love with the city. I am gonna miss the weekend outings. I am gonna miss my gang, who, each weekend, did agree to the ventures chalked by me. Where else can I meet a puneri ragini out-of-blue 4 yrs after we last met?
Change is the only thing permanent in life.. moving on.. starting afresh.. exactly an year after I started my journey to Dallas, I start from Dallas to the road ahead..
No comments:
Post a Comment