Sunday, August 26, 2012

Day 1 Inning 2 @ India

When my US roomies were visiting India, how I had laughed at them when everyone was up at 4 am on their 1st day in India, thanks to the jet lag.
I woke up quite early to the songs of birds, most prominently, of the kokil. How amazing is it, and how much I appreciate it now! Really I should come up with a list of stuff that is inherent to life in India, but not seen in the US. (So far the list is mangoes, chikku, usacha ras, and waking up to the sound of birds)

Mom had to go to work and I offered to drop her on MY pep. Mom sort of has confidence in my riding skills and was sure that they will be intact irrespective of 2 yrs of disuse atrophy. Kickstarting the pep, balancing myself + mom wasnt an issue at all, and I was already congratulating myself mentally, when we reached the chowk. 2 years back, Deepika would have penetrated this chakravyuh of vehicles coming in from all directions at the chowk. But now I simply couldnt do it. OMG!!
According to my friend H, 2 yrs back, I was the most over-confident driver she had known, and I could pull off antics in the middle of the road and she has photo-proofs of my insane mid-road dramebaaji :P Time changeth woman! 

Now that my bro had taken over my pep, and there was a lot of shopping that I needed to do, I turned to my good ol' cycle. It was last used 3 yrs back, so I hadnt expected the tyre tubes to be intact. But they were! I started on my 2nd road attempt of the day. This time it was around 9.30 am, which is a peak traffic hour. But I was able to brave the traffic, and managed sailing past the chowks, even the most crowded Karishma chowk. Thank God, back to normal!

If just the traffic was not enough, there was an elephant at the Karishma chowk! The infinite charms of India :)  
 

No comments:

Post a Comment