Thursday, March 14, 2013

India diary: Exotic chocolates and my friends

Whenever I had asked my friends if they wanted anything from US, their answer was "XYZ, and chocolates ofcourse". When it was time to actually gift them the chocs..i found it to be quite otherwise.

Personally, whenever I would go to Butler Plaza in GNV, I would seek out a different flavour of Lindt each time I go.  Amongst all quirky flavours I tried, I liked Lindt Orange, Chili and Sea salt the most. Orange is my perennial favourite in anything, but chili and salt is something you so cant imagine with chocolate that I found the flavours mesmerizing. Obviously, when it was time to shop to gift back home, Orange, chili and sea salt topped my list.

But my friends reactions put me off, to the point that I was really hurt. Sometimes it literally felt like my firnds were doing me so favour, the way I was begging/ vouching that it tastes awesome and they should try it.

When in US, I was eager, literally yearnt to try what one doesnt get in India. My friends couldnt. And if a chocolate chocolate was all that they wanted, technically there is no difference between an Indian Cadbury and an american chocolate. Oh yeah - there is one major difference - the Indian one costs about a third of the firangi one, and wouldnt have needed to be carried from US.

My 2nd shocker during my India stay!

No comments:

Post a Comment