Saturday, September 10, 2016

Cute pet pics

Photo from June 2015

Yesterday was my last day with my company. Posting photos of the dogs I love, and will miss.

When I went for my interview, Dakota was out sunning herself. Our CEO V opened the door for me and I told her I am scared of dogs. By the time the interview was over, I was sure I was going to get the job. I was walked over to meet everyone, and the 3 dogs in the office. All the 3 dogs are super calm, and I hesistantly petted Dakota. I next went to F about 15 days later, to have a talk to D about my preparation before I join the company. Dakota walked up to me, and put her paw on my shin, thereby accepting me in her pack, and sealing the deal. :) My first love!!
This photo is from 2014, and already I am enamored by Dakota. This darling retriever, true to her breed, will bring over any bite sized object to you when you call her. By now I am calling her Daku, Dacoity, Dakots

Dakota will walk up to you and nudge you to get you to pet her. That's me on the chair, and Daku seeking attention


Once you start petting her, she will settle dangerously close to the chair. The chair is a regular wheeled office chair, and I worry that I might run over her. "Dakota move!!" doesnt work till her owner tells me that the command is "Dakota pee peep"
Her spot on the sofa

There is something about dogs that will bring out primal feelings

who can resist a face like that
How I miss the touch of those silky ears
demanding a belly rub from her subservient human


When she is not lounging inside, she is usually sunning herself out, even after she had a surgery. K had to put a vest on her to prevent wood chippings from opening up the sutures. She was not allowed on the hard cement, but with the vest on, she was hot and wanted to lie on the cement. Even though she looks cute with the tee, it was actually heartbreaking to see her in sutures with a drain collecting the blood oozing out

It took me a long time after falling in love with Dakota, to fall for the other 2 dogs. The second I fell for was Montana. I noticed him quite late, partly because he is always sitting under K's desk. But once I saw that he was teddy bear personified, he became one dream pet.
Putting his furry self  at my feet to demand a belly rub

This is usually how he sits all Day. This is the time when K was out and D was looking after the dogs, and the few rare occasions when Montana is sitting out in the open. 
Under a desk/ table is usually where you will find Montana..also notice the wound from a foxtail in the paw
My fluffy/ smiley/ thumpy

My CTO once mentioned that Durango is the epitome of being a "Dog". His owner is the whole and soul of his existence. That was the first time I noticed Durango seriously. Before that all of my interaction with Durango was because of E, who liked to play fetch with Durango, and its quite entertaining to watch Dakota and Durango grapple over the ball.  Once I started taking Durango seriously, I discovered how soft the fur around his neck is and how much I actually enjoyed petting him. So far my ideal dog was a furry kind, but my CTO's words shone a new light on Labs.
Durango

Isn't he handsome!

Adorbs

Sasha
The 4th dog to enter the office is this wooly old man Sasha. He was 12 when he first joined the company. He will jump and hop around and bound like a kitten/ bunny mix, despite his advanced age. The name Sasha sounds like a girl name, but is actually a boy name in Russia. Its a short for Alexander in Russia. The dog also responds to Sushi. 


Sasha with a haircut, but apparently they dont trim the eyebrow hair, to get the "Schnauzer face"
And this is how he looks like when he hasnt had a haircut in a while
Tick
Pet ownership is not just the cuddles. The poop needs to be picked up, foxtails need to be plucked from the paws, and sometimes..ticks need to be removed from the skin.

I went to India in April 2015. When I came back in May, there was another surprise waiting for me. The day I saw Lucy for the first time, I was wearing a tee with a face of tiger on it. Lucy barked her head off at me. I wondered if it was because of the tee. The tiny and younger Lucy was the first dog I learnt to pick up, and eventually got quite comfortable carrying her around.
Photo from the day I first met Lucy


Eventually I learnt to pick her up too
She was grumpy when they trimmed her hair, so the owners figured out she was cold

This dog thinks she is a human, and that she is your alpha
But when she does think she is a lap dog, she will snuggle up to you

She is actually J's dog, but she adopted M as her boyfriend. When Sasha got a upgraded bed, M inherited Sasha's old bed to be used as Lucy's second home. 
I tried to steal Lucy's bed and keep it under my desk, but she is so enamored by M that she won't leave his side
This is Gaby, she is also a Schnauzer. She was the 2nd dog after Dakota who is enamored by me, partly because her owner used to be my desk neighbour, and she could look at me all day from her vantage point
since Gaby is a girl dog, she wears Minnie mouse bows
Every time I come back from India, there is a new dog waiting for me at the office. This is Yoshi. He has the softest fur of the lot. 
Travis is an Australian shepherd, another sweetheart. He has a Harley Davidson leash, and also has super soft fur

This was the first dog in the office that I was genuinely scared of

Christmas dapperness!

No comments:

Post a Comment