Is there any rule out there that a commercial movie has to be 2 hr long? The first half of Melancholia drives one nuts, me and my friend left the theatre when part II started. But IMDB rating and overall user reviews made me go back the next day to complete the movie. Wish that the director had made just the part II as the whole movie.
I was a 12 yr old during the Y2K thingy. Computers didnt affect my life in any remote way. I didnt care if the age of a person born in 1920 would be registered negative or not. I was sure some one would have enough sense to, say, add 100. I came to know of this 2012 madness thanks to the Facebook event "2013". By now I had read about paranoid people who died with fear on Y2K. These memories "flashed upon my inward eye" on seeing the character Claire in the movie suddenly get out-of-breath for no logical reason during the fly-by of Melancholia. On the contrary, a kid approaches the situation in a rational way and designs a contraption to ascertain whether Melancholia is approaching/ receding and measure its speed.
A meteor could have banged into the earth and wiped out the dinosaurs. Basically, there are 2 main scenarios that could have killed the dinosaurs..the earthquakes due to the collision, or cutting-off of sunlight for a long time that wiped out the food-chain. Melancholia deals with both the scenarios. Justine sheds her depression and is in control of the situation. The protagonists built a magic cave on an open ground..and had a stock of supplies. But, sadly, the astronomer protagonist commits suicide anticipating the collision. If you are making a movie, dealing with the current sensitive topic, that could reach a large audience..its your responsibility not to send out wrong ideas. Google led me to several doomsday preparation websites. Some suggest shifting to Africa..!! Unless we ship food enough to last a lifetime, we would use up all the food reserves in Africa and starve anyways.
Personally I dont worry about 21st December 2012. If something is really gonna happen and wipe out the WHOLE human race, you cant do anything anyways. End of one calender simply marks the next eon. Then why waste time brooding and mulling? There's much out there to explore.. and (sic Melancholia) enjoy while it lasts :)
I was a 12 yr old during the Y2K thingy. Computers didnt affect my life in any remote way. I didnt care if the age of a person born in 1920 would be registered negative or not. I was sure some one would have enough sense to, say, add 100. I came to know of this 2012 madness thanks to the Facebook event "2013". By now I had read about paranoid people who died with fear on Y2K. These memories "flashed upon my inward eye" on seeing the character Claire in the movie suddenly get out-of-breath for no logical reason during the fly-by of Melancholia. On the contrary, a kid approaches the situation in a rational way and designs a contraption to ascertain whether Melancholia is approaching/ receding and measure its speed.
A meteor could have banged into the earth and wiped out the dinosaurs. Basically, there are 2 main scenarios that could have killed the dinosaurs..the earthquakes due to the collision, or cutting-off of sunlight for a long time that wiped out the food-chain. Melancholia deals with both the scenarios. Justine sheds her depression and is in control of the situation. The protagonists built a magic cave on an open ground..and had a stock of supplies. But, sadly, the astronomer protagonist commits suicide anticipating the collision. If you are making a movie, dealing with the current sensitive topic, that could reach a large audience..its your responsibility not to send out wrong ideas. Google led me to several doomsday preparation websites. Some suggest shifting to Africa..!! Unless we ship food enough to last a lifetime, we would use up all the food reserves in Africa and starve anyways.
Personally I dont worry about 21st December 2012. If something is really gonna happen and wipe out the WHOLE human race, you cant do anything anyways. End of one calender simply marks the next eon. Then why waste time brooding and mulling? There's much out there to explore.. and (sic Melancholia) enjoy while it lasts :)
No comments:
Post a Comment