Granny's elder sister and 2 younger sisters visited my india home, another younger sister skyped on her birthday. I shared my skype Desktop to show them the pictures of all the get-togethers they have had in the past. Thanks to my granny's sisters and the love that they shared, I always had a fascination for sisters of nearly the same age.
I used to love the synchronized souls of Enid Blyton's school series twins and Francine Pascal's sweet valley twins. Its like having a best friend by birth. What I specially liked was that each twin had an individuality. Several friends, like me, equally smitten by Enid/ Francine wished to have a twin, and maybe a bollywood inspired twin-reunion story :)
Sweet Valley twins were "psychic" twins- if one is in trouble, the other feels the pain and rushes to help. With time, I realized that you dont need to be born twins to share that special bond with someone. For unexplicable reasons, I used to feel like calling up my close school friend, when she would be down with fever. When a friend's trek went awry, I felt as if someone has set my world on fire.
I spoke to twin friends- to know how is it to be on the other side of the grass. While they do share a tuning, as kids they could not avoid comparison- and hated that. My school had a policy of not putting twins in the same class division so that they would be friends with other kids too. Appreciate the gesture :)
I used to love the synchronized souls of Enid Blyton's school series twins and Francine Pascal's sweet valley twins. Its like having a best friend by birth. What I specially liked was that each twin had an individuality. Several friends, like me, equally smitten by Enid/ Francine wished to have a twin, and maybe a bollywood inspired twin-reunion story :)
Sweet Valley twins were "psychic" twins- if one is in trouble, the other feels the pain and rushes to help. With time, I realized that you dont need to be born twins to share that special bond with someone. For unexplicable reasons, I used to feel like calling up my close school friend, when she would be down with fever. When a friend's trek went awry, I felt as if someone has set my world on fire.
I spoke to twin friends- to know how is it to be on the other side of the grass. While they do share a tuning, as kids they could not avoid comparison- and hated that. My school had a policy of not putting twins in the same class division so that they would be friends with other kids too. Appreciate the gesture :)
No comments:
Post a Comment