My work team practices running on Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday; I run with the team on Thursdays. The coach is great, my 200 m running timing improved by 3 secs on consecutive thursdays thanks to the drills. (I wont quote the time, because its 7 years after I passed out of school and was in touch with anything remotely athletic...I now think its a different set of muscles for long distance running Vs sprints :P) The drills remind me of my stint as a swimmer kid. I even count my "runtime" in head accurately, same way as I used to time swim laps. While I was in awe of my swimming coach, the running one is a cool dude. The team is very supportive too. Whenever I am timed, someone runs alongside to cheer me and give that boost. If someone is running a 800m, 4 people with run with him/her in different laps.
| Track at J.J.Pearce High school..running on a synthetic track after 11 years.. |
Back to the shoes. This thursday, I carried sports shoes and wore formal ones to work. As usual I also carried my backpack and tiffin bag. I placed my shoes on the shuttle's floor, and forgot to take them off the shuttle. Realized something was amiss in like 2 minutes. But the same shuttle comes around after every 20 mins. There goes half an hour of a busy week..
P.S: This feels great. Marked improvement in stamina and speed in just 4 thursdays. Plan to take "fly"1 lessons once back to university. Parents have been prodding to get me back to "circuit" for long, but its running that will take me to my "element". :)
1. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Butterfly_stroke
No comments:
Post a Comment